Friday, March 21, 2008

Tradition....

Man we're getting old. For the 5th year running I've joined my friends (I use this term lightly) for a weekend of college basketball. What began for them 10 years ago didn't start for me until my move to SF. Ruby, the "Duckman" and myself typically are first in line at 8am for the bar Thurs - Sunday...but no longer. It has slowly deteriorated to "I'll try and make it by 4 on Thursday" and "How did we ever get up this early" on Friday morning. The thought of making the normal Saturday and Sunday sessions has given way to "I'll catch some games while doing the work I missed on Friday". It's always good to have those annual traditions, whatever they may be. The problem is what we hoped would be an age old tradition is falling victim to old age....

No comments: