Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Happened to SNL?



In the event you are short on time, I found a condensed version of my favorite skit.

The list of skits that make us pee our pants are endless....until now. SNL has lost its touch. Unlike George's suggestion of Seven as the name of his child, it has no cache. Long gone are the days of Beluchi, Murphy, Myers and Farrell.

What prompts this? I just turned SNL on and the guest is Tina Fae. No offense to Tina Fey, her friends and family, but where does your once National Icon of a show rank when it's star guest is a former cast member of a recently detested era?

Loran Michaels, you've brought us laughs for years and years. Mr Robinson's Neighborhood, Matt Foley and his motivational speeches, Leon Phelps and the junk in a box. WTF is up. You can't tell me American comedic talent has dried up. Perhaps its political correctness. Perhaps the war on drugs. I don't know, but something has caused us to not have a SNL episode that is even barely watchable airing in the past 10 years.

Here's to the re-incarnation of Beluchi and Farley to save us all and NBC's failing show...please don't tell me The Office is the best we can do these days.

4 comments:

SNL Examiner said...

hmmmmmm. I respect you opinion. Ok. No I don't. You have no idea what you are talking about. SNL is a kind of program that flows up and down in waves. Some times it is up, and some times it is down and it so happens that you happened to come in during a down and decided it would be cool to bash one of the biggest names in comedy for your own personal happiness. Also, its spelled Tina FEY moron. If you didn't take the time to know that, how are we supposed to take you seriously when you try to tell us what the show used to be. Gone the days of Will Ferrel? I hope you know he was actually ON THE SHOW at the same time that many other cast members of your hated era were. Its almost a tradition of the show that people never realize how great the people on it were until they've long gone out and made movies. People hated Ferrel. People hated Farley. People hated Murphey, though not as many because of reasons I don't want to go into. Your just any speck of conformists who don't know anything about the show and try to go out and tell people its dead so they'll pay more attention the next time you talk.

Blair said...

That's cool, sorry about the mis-spelling, I fixed it. You might want to make sure your own grammar is correct before throwing stones with all those glass walls surrounding you.

All I know is that I used to watch SNL re-runs endlessly, now you can barely pay me to watch a new episode. My blog, my opinion. So, although I have no problem with your views, perhaps a mild amount of tolerance for other people's POV would alleviate some of your anger.

Anonymous said...

here, here SNL examiner. I couldn't agree more. crackpots like the village idiot need to be reminded that while not every show is going to be a home run, the strength of the show is measured by its longevity. Keep up the good work SNL!

Anonymous said...

I am so sick of people piling on Saturday night live. After reading this blog, you of all people should understand how hard it is to come up with something consistently funny and interesting on a regular basis. You've been at it for a while and the best you could do was an embed of an old SNL skit with some lame commentary? Whatever. Talk about glass walls...