Monday, May 26, 2008

Are they here yet?



First 38 seconds look familiar? No matter how old we admit to being or mature we try and act, all of us can remember back to this type of anticipation for whatever that LATEST AND GREATEST toy we wanted was growing up. I remember my first bike at 12, first Nintendo (Duck Hunt and all) at 13, the anticipation for my first day of college and for my first Spring Break trip to Cancun.

I've outgrown this though...or so I thought.

Damn you Steve Jobs, reminding me I still have a 4 year old inside me who can be easily wooed with the new shiny super-cool toy. For someone who prides himself on being rather minimalistic, I've become consumed by the anticipation and excitement.

Is it June 12th? 9th? 4th? Is it $399? Or $199 after AT&T subsidizes it in exchange for switching carriers? You know what, who cares. You've got me Apple, I'll pay whatever, whenever, to whoever. I just want my new toy and I want it NOW!!!

No comments: